When it comes to taking a look at the Confucius quotes we can take a look at Confucius quotes about life and learn how much of our values need to be kept aligned, moreover, from Confucius quotes love also gets a meaning of being developed around our surroundings. Many of the people also find Confucius quotes funny since he was a humorous person with a great sense of humor, Confucius quotes are always very much popular and even nowadays people consider them important.
Confucius has been a very well known teacher of his time who has captured the attention of a number of people with his outclass motivational speeches and his vision towards life. Confucius was also a politician, philosopher and an editor and has written many of his theories and books. His theory Confucianism took a significant place in the history since he taught people about keeping the moral value and relationships at an upper edge and therefore Confucius quotes also gained popularity.
42 Quotes by Confucius (Text & Images)
1. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
2. Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
3. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
4. He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.
5. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
6. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
7. If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.
8. The funniest people are the saddest ones
9. Study the past if you would define the future.
10. Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
11. To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.
12. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
13. Silence is a true friend who never betrays.
14. You cannot open a book without learning something.
15. The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.
16. Attack the evil that is within yourself, rather than attacking the evil that is in others.
17. What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
18. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
19. Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.
20. The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
21. The way out is through the door. Why is it that no one will use this method?
22. Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.
23. The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
24. Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
25. It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.
26. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.
27. And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
28. Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.
29. If what one has to say is not better than silence, then one should keep silent.
30. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
31. Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
32. A lion chased me up a tree, and I greatly enjoyed the view from the top.
33. To be wealthy and honored in an unjust society is a disgrace.
34. Don’t do unto others what you don’t want done unto you.
35. Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
36. To see what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.
37. Time flows away like the water in the river.
38. The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.
39. The superior man thinks always of virtue; the common man thinks of comfort.
40. When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.
41. Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
42. Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know more.