General Colin Powell quotes used to be so immensely inspirational that people still look for these quotes and make the use of them in their speeches to make the most of his work in a beneficial way.
Colin Powell was born in the year 1937 and took his early education from the public schools of New York, his parents migrated from Jamaica but he was born in New York. Colin Powell was a very well known statesman and was also a retired general of the US Army. He was an influential personality and during his entire service he showed an example of discipline, he was a soldier who served for about 35 years and protected the country in the best possible way. He has been known as a very well famous personality and his speeches always used to depict his motivational quotes. Colin Powell quotes are much famous all around the world and when it comes to Colin Powell quotes leadership attributes of his personality are being felt.
Top 30 Quotes of Colin Powell (Text & Images)
1. Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.
2. Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror.
3. Get mad, then get over it.
4. The freedom to do your best means nothing unless you are willing to do your best.
5. Perpetual Optimism is a Force Multiplier.
6. Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.
7. You don’t know what you can get away with until you try.
8. A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
9. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
10. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hardwork, and learning from failure-
11. Keep looking below surface appearances. Don’t shrink from doing so just because you might not like what you find.
12. The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting above average effort.
13. Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves.
14. You should never be so involved with your position/job that when the position is gone your entire self image is gone with it.
15. The ties that bind us are stronger than the occasional stresses that separate us.
16. If you get the dirty end of the stick, sharpen it and turn it into a useful tool.
17. There are no secrets to success. It’s the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
18. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them.
19. It takes more courage to send men into battle than to fight the battle yourself.
20. I’m not perfect but I’ll be the creator of perfection.
21. Our strategy in going after this army is very simple. First we are going to cut it off, and then we are going to kill it.
22. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
23. A sense of shame is not a bad moral compass.
24. We can seldom get our children to do what we tell them, but they almost never fail to imitate us.
25. Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers.
26. Leadership is the art of accomplishing more than the science of management says is possible.
27. Each of us is a product of all our experiences and all our interactions with other people.
28. Freedom to be your best means nothing unless you are wiling to do your best.
29. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
30. Hope is not a strategy