Charles Dickens also had a great sense of humor and provides for a lot of great deal to have an interest in, Charles Dickens quotes also provides for an insight to his sense of humor and we take a look at the Charles Dickens quotes we can take a look at Charles dickens quotes about Christmas and about love.
About Charles Dickens
Charles Dickens has been a very well known writer of English and was also known as a social critic. He was born in the year 1812 and his rise in the field of writing started in the year 1836 with the series being launched on his part. Many of his novels are still a part of many school courses. This personality has been a very well known individual and when a person needs to take a look at his work we may find the internet all filled with his work. His novels at the time of his rise were launched on weekly basis and his stories have always been worthwhile.
1. There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
2. I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.
3. Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
4. There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
5. Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
6. A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
7. It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.
8. And O there are days in this life, worth life and worth death.
9. No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
10. We need never be ashamed of our tears.
11. What greater gift than the love of a cat.
12. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
13. You have been the last dream of my soul.
14. The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
15. In a word, I was too cowardly to do what I knew to be right, as I had been too cowardly to avoid doing what I knew to be wrong.
16. I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.
17. Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.
18. Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.
19. I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
20. I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.
21. It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
22. The broken heart. You think you will die, but you just keep living, day after day after terrible day.
23. Ask no questions, and you’ll be told no lies.
24. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.
25. You are in every line I have ever read.
26. There is a wisdom of the head, and… there is a wisdom of the heart.
27. No one who can read, ever looks at a book, even unopened on a shelf, like one who cannot.
28. A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
29. Spring is the time of year when it is summer in the sun and winter in the shade.
30. A day wasted on others is not wasted on one’s self.
31. It is because I think so much of warm and sensitive hearts, that I would spare them from being wounded.
32. Family not only need to consist of merely those whom we share blood, but also for those whom we’d give blood.
33. There is prodigious strength in sorrow and despair.
34. I must be taken as I have been made. The success is not mine, the failure is not mine, but the two together make me.
35. Think now and then that there is a man who would give his life, to keep a life you love beside you.
36. Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better rule.
37. A man is lucky if he is the first love of a woman. A woman is lucky if she is the last love of a man.
38. No space of regret can make amends for one life’s opportunity misused
39. I stole her heart away and put ice in its place.
40. Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes.