As the name suggests Buddha is a man who belongs to the religion of Buddhism. The actual identity of Buddha has been derived and belongs to Gautama Buddha who is known for his teachings to the people. His teachings have been known and kept as a precious form of teaching as Buddha quotes.
When it comes to considering and learning from him his sources one may always learn about different subjects like Buddha quotes for love and Buddha quotes about love are intact with the idea of keeping oneself insight on these subjects. He has traveled around the world and has learned everything about death, happiness and life and Buddha quotes about death give an insight to a person about the harsh realities which we usually forget. Buddha quotes about life and Buddha quotes about happiness are also the kinds of most famous Buddha quotes which teach a lot to people out there.
Inspirational Collection of Buddha Quotes (Text & Images)
1. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
2. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
3. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
4. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
5. Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
6. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
7. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
8. Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
9. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
10. To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
11. Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
12. It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
13. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
14. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
15. I was born into the world as the king of truth for the salvation of the world.
16. With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone.
17. It is better to travel well than to arrive.
18. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
19. Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.
20. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
21. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
22. Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
23. I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
24. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
25. Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
26. Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
27. Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
28. The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
29. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
30. The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
31. To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance.
32. To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
33. He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
34. He who walks in the eight fold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana.
35. A jug fills drop by drop.
36. Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering – an image of death.
37. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
38. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
39. The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.
40. All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
41. Better than worshiping gods is obedience to the laws of righteousness.
42. Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
43. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
44. I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
45. In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
46. The virtues, like the Muses, are always seen in groups. A good principle was never found solitary in any breast.