Here we share quotes taken from famous novel “Brave New World” written by English novelist Aldous Huxley in 1931. Novel “Brave New World” was ranked in best 100 English novels in 20th century.
People those who are finding brave new world quotes are right place. Below we have added brave new world quotes about technology, soma, family and happiness for you. Quotes are added in text as well as images format, so you can easily share it.
38 Brave New World Famous Quotes:
1.If one’s different, one’s bound to be lonely.
2. I want to know what passion is. I want to feel something strongly.
3. I am I, and I wish I weren’t.One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
4. One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
5. I like being myself. Myself and nasty.
6. Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.
7. No social stability without individual stability.
8. I’d rather be myself,” he said. “Myself and nasty. Not somebody else, however jolly.
9. Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth.
10. There was a thing called Heaven; but all the same they used to drink enormous quantities of alcohol.
11. I want God, I want poetry, I want danger, I want freedom, I want sin.
12. A love of nature keeps no factories busy.
13. Ending is better than mending.
14. It is natural to believe in God when you’re alone– quite alone, in the night, thinking about death.
15. Pain was a fascinating horror.
16. Did you eat something that didn’t agree with you?” asked Bernard. The Savage nodded. “I ate civilization.
17. A man can smile and smile and be a villain.
18. Universal happiness keeps the wheels steadily turning, truth and beauty can’t.
19. Never put off till tomorrow the fun you can have today.
20. I’m claiming the right to be unhappy.
21. We don’t want to change. Every change is a menace to stability.
22. When people are suspicious with you, you start being suspicious with them.
23. What’s the point of truth or beauty or knowledge when anthrax bombs are popping all around you?
24. Those who meant well behaved in the same way as those who meant badly.
25. Back to culture. Yes, actually to culture. You can’t consume much if you sit still and read books.
26. Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery.
27. The optimum population is modeled on the iceberg- eight-ninths below the water line, one-ninth above.
28. Can you say something about nothing?
29. Man is an intelligence, not served by, but in servitude to his organs.
30. I don’t want comfort. I want poetry. I want danger. I want freedom. I want sin.
31. That is the secret of happiness and virtue — liking what you’ve got to do.
32. To be excited is still to be unsatisfied.
33. O brave new world that has such people in it.
34. Isn’t there something in living dangerously?
35. You’ve got to be hurt and upset; otherwise you can’t think of the really good, penetrating, X-rayish phrases.
36. In a word, they failed to take into account man’s almost infinite appetite for distractions.
37. The greater a man’s talents, the greater his power to lead astray.
38. Those who feel themselves despised do well to look despising.