This personality has been also known for his wise counseling by the name of Bear Bryant quotes, he used to speak some really great golden words in which his teachings of life and how to discipline it was featured. Bear Bryant quotes are still much famous among the people.
Bear Bryant was known as one of the finest coaches of his times who used to flourish in his coaching career of football. He started off with his career as an American College football coach but later on made numerous records all over the state due to his excellent skills in football. Hew as born in the year 1913 and died in the year 1983. Since a very early age he developed a lot of interest in football and took it to the next level, he was known for his utmost football skills in high school, college and university while he was just a student there and later on pursued the same profession.
Most Famous Bear Bryant Quotes (Text & Images)
1. If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
2. Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
3. Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don’t quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don’t quit until you reach it. Never quit.
4. You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him to a heavy load.
5. Don’t give up at half time. Concentrate on winning the second half.
6. Winning isn’t everything, but it sure beats anything that comes in second.
7. There’s a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success.
8. I’ll put you through hell, but at the end of it all we’ll be champions.
9. In a crisis, don’t hide behind anything or anybody. They’re going to find you anyway.
10. If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That’s all it takes to get people to win football games for you.
11. If you whoop and holler all the time, the players just get used to it.
12. Nearly every coach I’ve talked with tells me that the attention you get from media and other people is the thing you miss most. I don’t know if that’s right.
13. There’s no substitute for guts.
14. No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it’s what his players know that counts.
15. I’ve had many a player tell me all through high school and right up until signing day that they were coming to Alabama, then they signed with somebody else.
16. Back 12 years ago, when Dr. Mathews was president here, we had a plan that when I got ready to quit, we’d bring a certain guy in and he’d take over that day and I’d leave. But as time wore on, I realized that wouldn’t have been good at all.
17. There’s no use fussing on a boy who doesn’t have any ability.
18. I want to make sure I don’t interfere with the success of that team next year. I don’t see any way I could go to practice like most of ’em do, and not hurt the team. I’d go nuts if I tried doing that.
19. The fun never goes out, but it changes with the years, with winning and losing.
20. It’s nice to have the opportunity to play for so much money, but it’s nicer to win it.
21. A good, quick, small team can beat a big, slow team any time.
22. Georgia Tech beat us and Mississippi Southern tied us last year, and Texas beat us after we had the game won. We only played about five games the way we were capable of playing and lost one of those.
23. I can remember loving to recruit. I knew I was going to do my best. But traveling and recruiting doesn’t appeal to me any more. It’s not as much fun as it used to be.
24. I think I’m telling the truth. I sat by Ray Perkins at the Hall of Fame dinner in New York, and at that time he didn’t know he was our coach and I didn’t either.
25. I hope to get out before they start football next year.
26. I plan on staying at Alabama for the rest of my career. I guarantee that I’ll be here for you through it all, regardless of what happens.
27. I’m happy with the coach we have. I think any one of the ones I asked them to consider would’ve been good.
28. If we’d beaten ’em, I wouldn’t be going out.
29. It’s been years since I’ve had a real input in the game anyway. For this game, I’ve just tried to keep all the other stuff away from the players and coaches.
30. Never be too proud to get down on your knees and pray.
31. If I miss coaching that much, I could go to some little school where they didn’t recruit, where all the kids wanted to go. I believe I could find somewhere to coach.