In this post we published Arthur Ashe quotes about hero, criminal mind and success. Arthur was an American professional tennis player, won three Grand Slam titles for his country. She was first black form tennis player selected to the United States Davis Cup team. Retired in1980.
Ashe was born on July 10, 1943 in Richmond, Virginia, U.S and died on February 6, 1993 (aged 49) in New York City, New York, U.S. Her height was 6ft 1 inch (185 cm). Ashe was very motivational personality as a tennis star, you can judge by her inspirational quotes.
Quotes by Arthur Ashe:
1.True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
2. From what we get, we can make a living. What we give; however, makes a life.
3. You’ve got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing.
4. If I were to say, “God, why me?” about the bad things, then I should have said, “God, why me?” about the good things that happened in my life.
5. Success is a journey not a destination. The doing is usually more important than the outcome. Not everyone can be Number 1.
6. One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.
7. Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you’re behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.
8. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
9. The best way to judge a life is to ask yourself, “Did I make the best use of the time I had?
10. You really are never playing an opponent. You are playing yourself.
11. Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.
12. Wherever I am when you feel sick at heart and weary of life, or when you stumble and fall and don’t know if you can get up again, think of me. I will be watching and smiling and cheering on.
13. Racism is not an excuse to not do the best you can.
14. The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight.
15. You learn about equality in history and civics, but you find out life is not really like that.
16. If you’re paid before you walk on the court, what’s the point in playing as if your life depended on it?
17. When bright young minds can’t afford college, America pays the price.
18. My potential is more than can be expressed within the bounds of my race or ethnic identity.
19. Drummed into me, above all, by my dad, by the whole family, was that without your good name, you would be nothing.
20. There is a syndrome in sports called ”paralysis by analysis.
21. A wise person decides slowly but abides by these decisions.
22. I accepted the face that as much as I want to lead others, and love to be around other people, in some essential way, I am something of a loner.
23. I don’t want to be remembered for my tennis accomplishments.