A quote about Ansel Adams shows his love for natural beauty and that’s why his black and white images are widely reproduced on calendars, posters and on the internet. Photography was his profession.
Ansel Adams was born in February 20, 1902 on San Francisco, California, US and died on April 22, 1984 (aged 82) in Monterey, California. Well known for photography and conservationism. He was also initiated the photography group along with his follow Willard Van Dyke & Edward Weston.
26 Selected Best Ansel Adams Quotes:
1.When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
2. You don’t make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.
3. You don’t take a photograph, you make it.
4. No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.
5. To the complaint, ‘There are no people in these photographs,’ I respond, There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.
6. A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.
7. There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
8. Sometimes I arrive just when God’s ready to have somone click the shutter.
9. It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.
10. There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.
11. In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.
12. Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs.
13. A photograph is usually looked at- seldom looked into.
14. A great photograph is a full expression of what one feels about what is being photographed in the deepest sense and is thereby a true expression of what one feels about life in its entirety.
15. Life is your art. An open, aware heart is your camera. A oneness with your world is your film. Your bright eyes and easy smile is your museum.
16. Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer – and often the supreme disappointment.
17. There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer
18. The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!
19. Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.
20. I have often had a retrospective vision where everything in my past life seems to fall with significance into logical sequence.
21. I don’t know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is.
22. There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
23. Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter.
24. Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships
25. Every experience is a form of exploration.
26. With all art expression, when something is seen, it is a vivid experience, sudden, compelling, and inevitable.