Most people searches quotes about Andrew Carnegie on internet, but difficult to find them. We collected best quotes of Andrew Carnegie and shared it with you in both text & images.
Andrew Carnegie was born on November 25, 1835 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland and died on August 11, 1919 (aged 83) in Lenox, Massachusetts, U.S. He was a Scottish-American industrialist and business and also richest person in his era. His quotes help others to achieve dreams in positive way.
Best Andrew Carnegie Quotes in Text & Images
1.A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.
2. As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
3. People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.
4. If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.
5. A man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled.
6. No man becomes rich unless he enriches others.
7. There is not such a cradle of democracy upon the earth as the Free Public Library, this republic of letters, where neither rank, office, nor wealth receives the slightest consideration.
8. The man who dies rich, dies disgraced.
9. It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.
10. When fate hands us a lemon, let’s try to make lemonade.
11. He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave.
12. Perhaps the most tragic thing about mankind is that we are all dreaming about some magical garden over the horizon, instead of enjoying the roses that are right outside today.
13. Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket.
14. All human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.
15. You cannot push anyone up a ladder unless he is willing to climb a little.
16. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
17. TEAMWORK: the fuel that allows common people attain uncommon results.
18. Do your duty and a little more and the future will take care of itself.
19. Do real and permanent good in this world.
20. Pittsburgh entered the core of my heart when I was a boy and cannot be torn out.
21. No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or to get all the credit for doing it
22. Here lies one who knew how to get around him men who were cleverer than himself
23. I don’t believe in God. My God is patriotism. Teach a man to be a good citizen and you have solved the problem of life.
24. And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department.
25. As I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do.
26. There is little success where there is little laughter.
27. We cannot afford to lose the Negro. We have urgent need of all and more. Let us therefore turn our efforts to making the best of him.
28. People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how great their other talents.
29. A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind, like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine.
30. I am as a speck of dust in the sun, and not even so much, in this solemn, mysterious, unknowable universe.
31. Not only had I got rid of the theology and the supernatural, but I had found the truth of evolution.
32. All honor’s wounds are self-inflicted.
33. No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all credit for doing it.
34. Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owing real estate.
35. He that cannot reason is a fool, He that will not a bigot, He that dare not a slave.
36. East or West Home is best.
37. Let there be light.” This
38. That best portion of a good man’s life— His little, nameless, unremembered acts Of kindness and of love.
39. Air castles are often within our grasp late in life, but then they charm not.
40. The first man gets the oyster, the second man gets the shell.
41. Is necessarily limited by his lack of knowledge of the circumstances
42. An iron railroad would be a cheaper thing than a road of the common construction.” Here lay in a few words the idea from which our railway system has sprung.
43. No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.
44. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.